This video claims KungFu is 7000 y.o.

Forums Mágoulo’s School for the Spiritually Gifted MCHS This video claims KungFu is 7000 y.o.

• This video claims KungFu is 7000 y.o.

Posted by profmag on January 13, 2024 at 1:06 pm

Previously, according to the Wikipedia martial arts timeline and other sources, we were thinking the earliest martial art was Greek grappling at around 3000 BC. According to a video on YT, Kung Fu is 7000 years old, placing it’s founding at sometime around 5,000 BC — accounted by some as roughly the Dawn of Civilization. If we could establish this as fact with archeological evidence, perhaps it would be time to edit the Wiki timeline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WhGeTPiNv8

BlackoutKnight replied 8 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • profmag

Administrator
    January 13, 2024 at 3:22 pm

A brief Google search puts his claim in historical doubt, however, most of the mentioned archeological evidence relates to Sholin Kung Fu. It is possible his source is from Wushu and may relate to legendary origins.

During our search, we turned up this history of martial arts. We also discussed our definition of martial arts and agreed historical earliest origins would have to be established by an actual recording of formal method. Therefore it seems a source — “In Vietnam, drawings and sketches from 2879 BCE describe certain ways of combat using sword, stick, bow, and spears” — may be the earliest formalized system.

• BlackoutKnight

Administrator
    January 13, 2024 at 3:48 pm

so I found that there is no info on Vietnam during 2879 other than a whole bunch of warlords and whatnot so you talked to me about the shaolin kungfu and I found a wiki and it turns out that that it was started in 495 AD and I have found a very old martial art called Shuai Jiao which is like a grappling game used by the youth and they don’t have many sources that are still working